Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ASK and you shall receive!

After attending the prayer meet on Wednesday, I was believing God for the 100k blessing, since I have not been able to meet anyone for the past few days. I remembered Pastor Richard's sharing about how he trusted God and shared the 100k blessing with the cashier and she ended up ticking everything including eternal life. When I first heard that, I really claim that for myself and I wanted such a Miracle to happen to myself as well.

The following day, Thursday, I started the day by claiming the verses of “ASK” which Ps Khong shared with us the night before.

Since Prayer meet yesterday, I have been praying and asking God to give me opportunities to bless someone as I headed to NIE today for my Maths tutorial.

I reached NIE just 15 mins before my lesson hence I decided to grab a quick bite at the canteen where... I met my Practicum collegue, Xiaoli. We did not talk much as I was in a rush off for my Maths lesson. We then each headed off to our own Maths classes. The interesting thing was I bumped into Xiaoli again during my tutorial break at the toilet! But we just exchanged ‘Hi’ and left.

My Maths tutorial lesson was packed till lesson ended later than schedule. Before I know it, all my classmates were gone. I did not get any opportunity to speak to any, more to say bless them with the 100k. I left class feeling a little disappointed. As I was walking finally to the bus stop, I made a final prayer to the Lord.

“God you say ASK and you will give. I pray I will meet someone at the bus stop whom I know where I can bless”

Guess what! When I reached the bus stop, there was only one person whom I knew and that person was no other than my friend Xiaoli! At that moment I knew immediately why God had to bring me to meet her so many times even just within a short span of 2 hours. He was telling me “Its her, she is the one I want you to bless all this while”

Without any further waiting, I approach her and took out my 100k blessing to bless her. She receive it well and the next thing that shocked me was, she ticked all the 12 blessings in the list, including Eternal Life!

Woah! I was thrown off board when I saw that! I calmed myself down and went ahead to pray for all the other 11 blessings for her first, before moving on to explain more to her about what this Eternal Life is about, by drawing the John 3:16 illustration to her. I also shared with her my own testimony of coming to know the Lord and then went on to invite her to come down for our Church service this Sun. I was surprised she readily agreed.

On the Sunday itself, she came for service and she said the sinner’s prayer and went forward to receive Jesus into her life! Now I am following up with her and prayer the seed will grow well.

Praise God! Indeed when we ASK, God will give if only we believe with FAITH!

by Lim Ju Lee


0 comments: