Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Family Miracle


Truly, truly there is NOTHING impossible for my God.So mom and i went for the Canto evangelistic play ysd. Wow, i was so amazed by the energy and enthusiasm of the older/elderly. Naturally i found myself dancing along, singing along (to the han yu pin yin), clapping along. The youth should be ashamed of ourselves!!! We are so much younger, there's so many more of us, but the elderly beat us hands down when it comes to passion and energy. This is my first time attending Canto/Hokkein service and it rocked. Even though i don't understand a single word, except for the parts where Paul whispered the translation to me.

So there came a time where Paul whispered, "Ehh i'm tired alr, will stop here for now. Your mom looks like she's enjoying the sermon. You should start praying for her." So i did. I mean, i have been praying, but that was like the crucial moments. And i thought, what have i not prayed for already? So i just prayed, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, please...soften her heart. Help her come to know You. Lord..." It was a plea. And then my mind started kicking in. I'd been praying by faith this time-i truly believed it would come to pass, that today IS the day. But what if it isn't? I was afraid of disappointment, but i told God, "Even if she doesn't receive You today, i believe a seed will be planted and she will come back next week."

And then God said, "Don't pray for her to receive me, that is her choice, I have given her free will. Pray against the barriers that will stop her from coming to know Me-pride, your dad's reaction." And so i did.Altar call time came-i only knew cos everyone started bowing their heads and closing their eyes. I prayed even harder now.

The prayer seemed to go on forever. The Sinner's Prayer begun-i knew cos ppl were repeating what Pastor was saying. I followed. But i didn't hear my mom's voice. Later on, Pastor shouted "1, 2, 3!" and i peeked. I thought i saw my mom raise her hand, but i wasn't sure. But i really think i did. Oh mann. I couldn't believe it. I started to tear.

Pastor asked us to open our eyes and stand up. Paul came with a salvation booklet, grinning. "Someone raised her hand. Guess who?" I could only nod numbly, mum for that moment. As i led my mom down, the tap opened. I started tearing uncontrollably, just couldn't stop. I have waited for this day for 5.5 years. Prayed for 5.5 years. God!!! You are so good. Nothing is impossible for You. God, my mom!! You saved my mom!!

Indeed, seek first Your Kingdom and Your Righteousness, and all things will be added onto me. Amen.After Stella (Paul's sis) prayed for my mom, my mom turned around and comforted me. "Don't cry already girl.." LOL. The irony of it all. I hugged her. Someone from the ministry team came and asked if i needed prayer. Hahaha. How could i explain that they were tears of joy, not sorrow? I simply grinned through my tears and thanked her, but no thanks.

Yupp this is but the beginning of a wonderful journey. Firstly, my mom's gotta be assimiliated. Then my dad. And my sis, to come back to Him."If one in the family is saved, then all shall be saved"This is the promise i have held tightly onto for years. And now, in God's perfect timing, it has been fulfilled-or is in the midst of being fulfilled.

Just the right time, not one moment early, or a moment late. All these years i never once preached to my mom, never forced her to change her religion. But like Angus said, "I can't preach through words, but i can preach through my actions." And i believe she saw. I believe God saw.

May this be a wonderful testimony that will encourage the rest of you to press on, continue believing, continue praying hard. My God, our God, He will never fail.

Jennifer Tan

(testimony dated 8th November 2008)


0 comments: