Monday, July 6, 2009

Baptism Testimony - "God's Love is Fresh Every Morning"

Hello everyone! My name is ShuJing. It’s a wonderful day today for me and you. God bless you! As I stand here, I proclaim that truly, God’s love is fresh every morning and this fellowship that God has freely given to me fills my heart with thanksgiving. God is with us, and He never fails. I would like to testify of God’s love for us through my story.

What happened was this: Amidst the confusion and stress in my adolescent years, I suffered from anorexia nervosa. In the beginning, I was conscious of my body image, and then it deteriorated to the point of obsession. I refused to eat anything. I was skin and bones all over. My hair kept dropping. I even faint when I walk about in my house. My sister Su Chin nursed me back to health eventually.

Because of this incident, I experienced rejection from my friends, yet also the unconditional love my family had for me. I was up and about in no time. Months later, I realized with dread that I had stopped having menstrual periods. As the reality sets in, I felt hopeless at the improbability of having my own children in the future.

As I was crying myself to sleep one night (year 2002), I said, “God, if you are real, please help me!” The time with which God uses to work miracles still amazes me. The following morning, God has restored my body. However, I did not know how to know Him better and I got busier with studies. It was three years later that I found God when my poly friend invited me to FCBC. Jeremiah 29:13 says “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you. ”

During the three years, God sent His witnesses to me to share the gospel with me at the MRT station, inside the MRT cabin and when I was walking home. In 2005, my poly friend, Cher, invited me to the Christmas Service at FCBC. Ps Khong shared about God’s love for us and I recognized that the God that I have been seeking was Jesus Christ and I received Jesus into my life. But I didn’t commit to knowing Him more and stopped going to church and cell meetings as my schoolwork took priority. Although I studied hard, I could find no joy, there was still a void inside my heart. I switched courses to study in yet I failed to find what I want.

After going one big circle, a year ago in April 2008, I wanted to get into this florist apprenticeship in fareastflora.com so much that I prayed “God, if you give me this opportunity, I will come back to church and follow you with all my heart.” Again, God heard me and answered my prayer. Praise God! Someone once said that there is a God-shaped void inside every one of us, that only God can fill, and wow, that’s really true.

When my friend XinYan invited me to attend church with her, I knew it was the Lord reminding me of my prayer. I also joined XinYan’s cell group and grow spiritually with the rest of the cell sisters under our cell leader Cindy. Cindy loves each one of us and I thank God for her and also all my cell sisters who are God’s blessings in my life.

The encounter camp has been a tremendous blessing, where I received an outpouring of love from God. I learnt that the more you allow God and the Holy Spirit to move in your life, the more He will bless you with.

Before I end, I bless you with Psalm 118:14 that says, “The Lord is my strength and my song, he has become my salvation.”

God will bless us and our families, and the nations too, praise God!

by Beth Quah Soo Jing
Testimony dated 26th June 2009


3 comments:

baptism cakes said...

It is with great pleasure I read your blog, your good news and fulfilling experiences is humbling to hear!

EeJay said...

Dear Shu Jing, thank you so much for sharing with us your testimony! :)

Indeed God is great and is so specific to everyone of our journey. He hears our cries of help and desperation and answers us! :)

Keep growing and shining for the Lord!

Dawn said...

Dear Shujing,
It is so good and encouraging to read your testimony and about God's goodness and love in your life.

God must really love love love you. God bless you gal.

Love,
Dawn (Cher's sister)