Monday, July 6, 2009

Baptism Testimony - "No more vulgarities & bullying - God changed my Life!"

Before I accepted Christ, I used to think that a man needs to enjoy life to the fullest by doing what he or she likes. In the past, I had a group of friends whom I felt were fun and cool. I followed them in speaking vulgarities, bullying others, stealing, cheating and many other bad habits. I felt good and thought they were the only people I could be with and trusted them for my life.

When I was in primary school, I attended a few church activities arranged specially for the kids. Church was enjoyable and wonderful as interesting stories were shared. During my secondary school time, I wanted to join a church and was once invited to an Easter Day event held at the indoor stadium. A lot of amazing testimonies were shared. People got healed and wonderful things happened there. Since then, I began to know there is a God that heals and many people put their faith and trust in Him. It was a special experience. However, I was still very confused and did not join a church.

After a few years, I found no meaning in the things I do. I asked a friend of mine who was attending Church, to bring me along. The very first day I step into church, the people there were very nice, friendly and I love it. It was the very first day I got to know my cell leader Alvin. I asked him lot of questions about God. He would either call or send sms, asking about my being and guided me with bible verses to help me to know Jesus more. Eventually, we began to build our relationship and he signed me up for an encounter camp.

The three days of encounter camp drew me closer to God and I realised I need to invite God into my life. Furthermore, I said to myself that I must be serious with Jesus, to have faith and trust in Him. During the camp, I was praying for peace in my family as there are usually quarrels at home. When I got home from the camp, my family became more peaceful and I knew God had answered my prayer. My faith began to grow more in Him and whenever I faced problems, I would pray to Him for I knew that my God is a god who answers prayer. Furthermore, my character changed gradually better and I stopped speaking Vulgarities and the bullying, and growing in humility each day. I didn’t follow after my usual friends anymore and I found my life more meaningful than before.

After knowing the Lord, I encountered healing and grace from Him. Firstly, I went for running one evening. When I came back, one of my feet was so painful that I could not walk well. At night, I prayed for healing and to my amazement, my foot was alright the next day. Secondly, I did one of my practical tests in school badly. I knew I would fail as I could not understand very well what my teacher was teaching. However, thank God for His grace, when my teacher reviewed the names of those who failed, my name was not mentioned in the list.

Thank God for He listens and answers prayers and my life was changed.

By Nelson Wong Teng Guo
Testimony dated 26th June 2009


3 comments:

da®on said...

I'm a member of the Nelson fan club! wooo

EeJay said...

Woohoo!! So proud of you Nelson! Have seen you grow so much over the past year! Indeed, this transformation is a testification of God's love, grace and power in you!

You are a living walking testimony of Christ! :)

Anonymous said...

thank God for transforming your life. =)

jenn