Sunday, March 22, 2009

Choosing to Believe

It was a while back when my school released my cohort’s Industrial Attachment(IA) allocation. I was unfortunately allocated to semester 1, or rather, maybe this was God’s plan. I wanted to do my IA in second semester because I would like to participate in a particular sch program but doing this program in sem 1 was impossible due to various sch commitments. In terms of work in GB, sem 2 is also more ideal. Added on to that was several minor reasons.

I quickly sms-ed quite a number of my friends asking them if any of them wanted to change. I was rejected. It was difficult to change because even more wanted sem 2 IA than sem 1.

During this time, I kept praying to ask God to let me find someone that I can swop with.

I’ve already done what I could have done physically. Then, there was a glimpse of hope that I thought I could change because my friend wanted to take a break from sch. My hopes went up. However he needed to get approval from the sch first, before he could swop his IA allocation with me. I was gittery as the deadline drew nearer and nearer. Prayed that the sch will approve his application so that I could take his IA slot. Deadline came, but still no news from the sch for his application.

I had gone to consult my prof on the IA and he said that I could don’t register for sem 1 IA, but that would mean I would not be allocated to sem 2 either. So I either had to bank on the school program that I wanted to go for, or source for my own IA which would be difficult. If all else fails, I had to do industrial orientation which wasn’t what i wanted.

Since the deadline had past, I started praying and asked God, then how? Do i take the risk of not registering for sem 1 and pray that God will help me to be accepted for the sch program? Before long, i totally forgot all about my IA and hence i also forgot to pray.

Recently, a sms caught me by surprise. A pleasant surprise asking if i wanted to still change my IA if prof allows. I was on cloud nine but tried to contain the joy for the fear that my hopes would be dashed once again if prof said that it was too late to change. Called my prof after our lesson and he said that we could still change but we need to send him our details. JOY is what described my mood that day.

Even when I forgot, God remembers me and my prayer.

My day ended late so by the time i got back to send him the email, my prof had probably left the office. I waited 1 day, 2 days for his email before someone mentioned that he was on leave for 10 days!!! I needed him to approve asap for fear that the letter from career office might come and this would mean i will no long be able to change my IA.

I tried checking my email several times a day hoping to receive a reply even while he was on leave. It was futile. I kept praying that the letter wouldn’t come. I started to doubt too.
Then it dawned on me that why am i so panicky over this matter when its a blessing that God has given me? There shouldnt be any reason to. I started to claim victory over this issue by
faith!
It was also by God’s planning that pastor preached about doubts during the time of waiting. Some may say its by coincidence but I choose to believe this is God’s planning.

The 10 long days of waiting finally came! My IA allocation change to sem 2 has been approved! God is my Answer.

We cant run or hide when God chooses to test us, but we can always turn to God in times of trial. Bless you to know that God remembers you even when you forget Him.
He remembers your prayers even when you forget them. Prayer is powerful!

By Adeline Wee


0 comments: