Monday, March 23, 2009

He IS the Almighty King!

'When you change, everything can change.'
This is something a lot of people caught during the G12 conference and it has never been more real to me.

I am a first generation Christian in my family and it is often difficult to stand strong because of the many persecutions I face at home. My whole family believes in Buddhism. As if the generation gap between my parents and I was not bad enough, the difference in faith made it worse altogether. All along they cannot accept the fact that I have already converted and deep in their hearts, they cling onto a hope similar to mine- that is to convert the other party to the same faith. This is very evident in my home.

A huge wooden Buddha statue was placed in my not-very-big room, on it hung numerous pendants of idols. From the start, I knew better than to voice out my negative feelings towards the arrangement because my parents are very authoritative- being the traditional Chinese family. So I kept telling myself that “It is okay” but deep down in my heart I know this has shook my faith. It was just disturbing having to wake up seeing the statue and going to bed facing it too. What can I do but to pray?

During the Delirious? worship concert, everyone went forward to worship including me. The music was super loud, and I found myself soaked in the whole atmosphere. But God brought my mind back the situation at home; I started crying out to God. Taking advantage of the loud worship and music, it gave me courage to shout onto the Lord and ask Him to come and change things at home because I am so sick and tired of the constant. I told God I will not stop shouting unless He come and do something, anything in my home. Indeed, God did something.

After the end of conference, I received a message from my mum. It read 'When are you coming back? I've got a surprise for you in your room.' At first, it did not really appeal to me, in fact I started to reflect if I have done anything wrong, like “my phone-bill went out of hand again" or "I left my room in a mess this morning?". When I reached home, I immediately went to my table to look for any phone bill.

Surprisingly, there was none. It took me a few minutes to realize that my room was rearranged. And the big wooden Buddha statue was removed! It was removed without involving any fights or quarrels, but by mere grace, prayer and faith. I was so shocked and pleasantly surprised for I know this surprise came not from my mum, but from God. He answered my prayer! I did not shout in vain! I praise the Lord for everything He has done, from the bottom of my heart and I am sure He is doing something in each and every person's life, its only whether we want to let God or limit God.
Do not ever decide for God by limiting your faith or ceasing in prayer because He is the Almighty King!
Paulina, from Ps Evelyn’s tribe


0 comments: